Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March's Challenge: Fasting once a week

Mike and I have talked about fasting before so we have decided to incorporate it into one of our monthly challenges. I looked into a variety of options: 24 hour fasting, leangains and other shorter/regular fasting but since so many of them aim at weight loss I suggested to Mike we try to 24 hour fast once a week, and he agreed.

So from this Sunday, for each Sunday through the month of March we will not be eating any solids during the day or night. Since we are aiming at a health-cleanse rather than on losing weight we are allowing ourselves fruit/vegetable juice to ease any cravings, so I'm hoping it won't be too hard!

I do tend to have low blood-sugar so it won't surprise me if a get a bit grumpy, but the juice should help with that. I've planned to have a no-exercise day so we should be able to take it nice and easy too. If I do feel any negative side effects I'm hoping to be able to meditate on them to help me mentally.

I'll let you know how we go. Does anyone else fast for better health? What works for you?


1 comment:

  1. You're brave, I've considered doing one day a week before for a revised version of the 5/2 diet but I've always started and couldn't go through with it. I LOVE MY FOOD!!
    trishhunterfinds.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete