Thursday, November 7, 2013

Afternoon Delight

I don't think I'm the only person out there who is a bit over excited about the upcoming release of Anchorman 2. I was reminded recently how funny Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy was, so went back and watched it again, having forgotten a LOT of the hilariously stupid 'fight' scenes between the various news groups.

Just about every actor in Hollywood gets a cameo in the original so it will be very interesting to see who pops up in the long-awaited sequel. And since I blogged recently about Clueless it was great to see that Paul Rudd (from Clueless) was one of Ron Burgundy's side-kicks, AND he'll be back for the sequel. Apparently he's been a busy boy so I might have to check out some of the MANY other comedies he's been in - suggestions anyone?

So having watched Anchorman the other night I have been obsessively singing 'Afternoon Delight' ever since, a harmonised song from the seventies sung beautifully by the cast. If you haven't seen the movie then youtube the song, it's kitsch, funny and beautiful all at the same time.

Sky rockets in flight.... Pew!

No comments:

Post a Comment