Monday, November 4, 2013

Best Eco Lodge in Bali?

Mike and I have just returned from a fabulous week in Bali. We stayed at Sarinbuana Eco Lodge on Mount Batukaru and I can't recommend the place enough. The food was amazing - every single meal! The staff were friendly and spoke good English and we even got to meet with the owners about how they created their permaculture Eco Lodge.

If you or anyone you know is going to Bali and looking for an alternative experience away from the heat, noise and crowding of the beach scene then head to Sarinbuana Eco Lodge for a few days or more. We stayed for a whole week and that was the perfect length of time for us.

There's workshops you can do such as cooking classes or wood/stone carvings, but I just lazed for a week; I managed to read three books, have two massages and meditations over the week and that was enough activity for me!

I've returned to my life a more calm and peaceful version of myself, and just can't wipe the smile off my face. I am inspired to move forward with our plans for a working permaculture site with tourist accommodation here in WA, although finding somewhere in the tropics seems like a much easier way to get things off the ground! Hmmm, food for thought there...
Sunset from the Orchid Bungalow


No comments:

Post a Comment