Thursday, August 1, 2013

Restyle Photo-A-Day OpShop Challenge Begins!

Not only did I have an awesome excuse to go op-shopping over the weekend, as usual, I found some amazing pieces and had a blast at the same time.

Now it is the first of August and I get to show off the first of my opportunity-shopped wardrobe. I've been an avid op-shopper for years, so many of the pieces you'll see here I've had for months or years, so I don't remember how much they cost me. However any of the items I've bought for #restyle2013 I'll tell you how much they cost and where I bought them.

Let's begin! The first of August calls for pink - not a colour I wear a lot of and not usually something I steer towards in an op-shop. So I was surprised to find I already owned a pair of pink op-shopped trousers. I bought these trousers years ago and the lining is nearly thread-bare. They are a deep pink and white woollen tweed fabric and were originally flared.

Now that slim fitting trousers are in fashion and I wasn't getting much wear from these pants I decided to take in the fit. This was my first ever attempt at taking in trousers (that's the great thing about op-shopped clothes, if you ruin them then it's not the end of the world). On the first attempt the crotch looked REALLY weird so after some unpicking and another go I am happy with how these pink op-shopped trousers turned out!

To start #restyle2013 with a bang I've taken a picture of me in top-to-toe op-shopped clothes including a close-up of the pink trousers described.

The worst part of this experience so far was making my boyfriend take pictures of me! That is why the second photo here is a self portrait taken in front of my bathroom mirror. How does everyone else take such professional looking photos?


No comments:

Post a Comment